Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Jinja and Malaria

I may or may not have malaria. I probably don't because no one really gets malaria in Kampala. I do have several symptoms, though, so I'm going to get tested today. What is more likely is that I swallowed some local tap water or ate something prepared with local tapwater, and that has bacteria in it that I'm not used to yet.

I really hope I'm ok because we are supposed to go to Jinja tomorrow for a legal workshop that lasts all weekend. When we aren't working we can go to the spot on Lake Victora where the Nile River supposedly begins. You can take rafting trips up the Nile from there.

SO, I hope I'm well enough to do that.

Don't worry too much about the malaria though because it's easy to remedy and it only costs about $4.25 total.

Either way, I'll write about my weekend on Sunday or Monday.

No comments: