Monday, June 11, 2007

I Survived the Nile River

I went whitewater rafting on the Nile River yesterday. Tales of victory, defeat, and a weird stomach problem will surely follow. For now, I just wanted to let everyone know that I went, it was maybe the most fun I've had in 2 1/2 hours, and I'm still alive. And kicking.

I'll write more later but I'm at work right now. By the way, work right now involves me consulting on the creation of a small claims court. It's a wonderful idea, and several brilliant people have already done all the work. Basically I just flew in from America to give a thumbs up.

I've realized part of the reason I'm here is so that the Ugandan higher-ups can show some young Americans that Uganda is looking pretty good in a lot of ways right now. And then young Americans will tell other Americans. That's fine with me, though, because a lot of traveling is just about understanding yourself and the world around you. If we can come over, help a little bit, and learn a lot about this beautiful country, then that's a good 74 Days, yeah?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joey, I'm loving reading your blogs about what is going on, and yes, I too, like the malaria testing story.. Keep the stories coming (sounds like you're having a good time. I hope you're taking lots of pictures too. Blessings, Pamela